Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
As a Senior Games Designer you will work closely with the Design lead, playing a key role as an owner of various design aspects for the game. The role is responsible for the areas of work defined, from concept to shipping as well as maintenance. You are responsible for delivering the best possible game experience for the features/areas you are working on to schedule and quality.
The Senior Games Designer will support the lead, buy ensuring that pipelines, equipment and tools are fit for purpose, appropriately directing those working below them on features they own and personally defining and exhibiting best practice.
- Design Involved at every stage of a project:
- Preproduction: Collaborate with others to prototype and document features systems, identifying the design and pipelines best placed to succeed and deliver your areas of responsibility.
- Production: where you create, collaborate, assess and implement the features designed.
- Release/post release: Where you balance features and address gameplay issues.
- Communicate your ideas to your Lead and other departments clearly and accurately accepting feedback and adapting the design to the broader needs of the project as a whole.
- Deliver and define milestones, manage risks, delegate effectively and support staffing strategies too efficiently achieve goals required for both performance and schedule.
- Liaising with your lead and other teams to mitigate risk.
- Support an environment where team members can grow and evolve as a positive and cohesive team.
- Reporting progress and risks to your Lead.
- Significant games industry experience of full development lifecycles on at least one AAA game title.
- Broad experience of designing and delivering game features and assets using current industry standard tools or equivalent proprietary software, ideally within the management Genera.
- Critical and analytical thinker able to step out of their role and think from a player’s perspective.
- Experience working with and implementing dialogue and player facing tex.
- Experience of working closely with UI/UX to deliver accessible and engaging ways to interface with complex systems.
- Experience with onboarding players via tutorials and in-game guidance.
- A strong team player able communicate effectively within a group and build connections between departments.
What we can offer you:
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, childcare vouchers, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.