Graduate IT Engineer
Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We have a new opening for a Graduate IT Support Engineer to join our IT Support team. The role is a very hands-on, responsible for providing enterprise-level support to our internal teams. We are looking for a friendly, approachable individual who has a keen interest in computers, happy working on their own or in a team.
- Handling issues reported by in-house team members and seeing problems through from initial diagnosis to resolution
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues as required
- Use internal documentation or external resources to provide accurate technical solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to the requests
- Follow up with team members to ensure their issues have been resolved appropriately
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Documenting process and procedures using internal CMS systems
- Completing internal user moves including patching of network and phones
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment to company requirements.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and associated peripherals
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Good listening and questioning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be a self-starter with a can-do attitude with the ability to multi-task
- There will be a requirement for lifting IT equipment such as PCs, printers, monitors and other associated hardware.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of working in a IT supporting role, whether in a commercial or personal capacity
- Solid experience and knowledge of working within a Windows environment Windows 7-10, Windows Server 2008R-2016
- Practical knowledge of PC hardware and associated peripherals to component level
- Good all round experience of PC hardware maintenance and repairs
- Good understanding of computer networking including wireless
- Exposure to Windows Server Active Directory Administration Tools.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Exposure to software packages such as Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Maya, Adobe Creative Suite and Visual Studio
- Experience of Linux Ubuntu/CentOS environments
- Exposure to and understanding Software deployment and patch management
- Knowledge and experience of using and supporting Windows Server
- Exposure to games development consoles (PS4, Xbox) and associated equipment
- Experience of working in a game or other development environment
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 500+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, childcare vouchers, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.