Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We are proud to be named one of the UK’s Best Places to Work by GamesIndustry.biz.
Frontier is looking to recruit a Health and Safety Assistant reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, to provide support with day to day Health and Safety administration and the development of existing systems within a busy games studio. The role would suit someone who is seeking a career in health and safety management and either has or is working towards their NEBOSH qualification (General Certificate or Diploma) in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Assisting with day to day health and safety to ensure a safe workplace environment and ensuring compliance with health, safety & welfare at work legislation
- Assist with the implementation of Health and Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations to ensure that the company meets its statutory obligations
- Organise health and safety training courses and where applicable monitor when certificates are due for renewal
- Ensure day to day compliance with Display Screen Equipment Regulations, including but not limited to, issue of electronic workstation self-assessments and following up on any issues raised, workstation risk assessments, evaluating requests for ergonomic equipment and raising purchase order requests for equipment as required
- Updating electronic and static Health and Safety notice boards with company health and safety information
- Complete weekly / monthly premises health and safety checks and identifying issues, including but not limited to weekly fire checks and first aid equipment
- Assist with company risk assessments including but not limited to COSHH
- Deal with initial accident book reports and assist with accident investigations if necessary
- Assist other members of the site team with day to day contractors health and safety, including but not limited to permits to work and H&S Risk Assessments and RAMs provided by contractors
- Procurement of health and safety consumables
- Assist with environmental monitoring and compliance
- Assist the site team during busy periods as and when required
- Provide health and safety assistance for internal events and requests from other teams
- Provide cover for other members of the site team during periods of absence.
- Experience in a similar health and safety role
- NEBOSH General Certificate qualified or working towards the General Certificate
- Professional approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with co-operatively with others
- Proactive approach with good time management skills
- Member of Institute of Occupational Health and Safety(IOSH)
- First aid qualified
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 400+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, childcare vouchers, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.