Temporary Online QA Test Engineer
Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
Frontier focuses on high quality internal QA testing for all our games, websites and tools. Testers have a fundamental role in our development process and will work closely with art, design, server, online services, marketing and programming colleagues on each project.
If you have strong technical knowledge of website design, have an understanding of coding, are familiar with the leading consoles and PC with a passion for games and game-play then we'd love to hear from you!
- Successful candidates will investigate issues, play test, destructively test, regress, create test suites, generate reports and provide general game, app and tool feedback to aid the internal Development Teams.
- Maintaining, running and creating test suites for both new and existing projects.
- Finding and reporting issues in a clear and accurate manner
- Regressing both internal and external issues
- Completing ad-hoc requests made to the QA Team.
- Providing support to other Frontier teams as needed
- Inquisitive and technical mind
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Pro-active and self-motivated attitude
- Creative thinker
Qualifications and Experience:
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Website design
- Some coding knowledge (C# and XML preferred)
- Familiarity with all desktop browsers and both Android and Apple devices.
- Proven logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Track record of working well within a team
- Knowledge web security and accessibility.
- Knowledge of Linux
- An understanding of API and server/network environments.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Test Rail
- Video game enthusiast
- Strong technical knowledge of the leading consoles and PC
- Games industry experience
- Degree qualified
You’ll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and as part of our QA team your work will help ensure the continued level of quality of our current games as well as internal applications. We welcome applications from those with or without QA experience.