Frontier are the studio behind Planet Zoo, Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We are looking for an exceptional and talented Audio Designer to join our growing Audio team in Cambridge, UK. You will be a part of the creative services team which consists of Graphic Design, Web Design, Web Development, Video and Audio. You will work closely with our Marketing Department creating fantastic sounding trailers, teasers and programme materials, so the focus is on your linear track laying, music editing and sound design skills. Music production skills are a bonus but not necessary. You will work under the instruction of the Audio Manager.
- Collaborating with creative, publishing and development teams to create compelling Audio mixes.
- Sound design, editing and mixing of linear trailers or cinematics in multiple formats and specifications.
- Field Recording - Assisting Video team with a knowledge of recording gear, microphones and recording techniques.
- Collaborate with Audio team to innovate and advance improvements within the current marketing audio pipeline.
- Be an active team member to help encourage, deliver and receive constructive criticism within the Audio team.
- Keen interest in Audio and Sound Design. Interested in video games and the industry is an advantage, but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and the wider company.
- Able to follow a brief and have an outstanding attention to detail.
- You are driven to improve and better understand your craft, rarely finding solace in “That will do”
- Have the ability to work under pressure with a positive outlook.
Qualifications and Experience
- Have experience creating sound effects using custom recordings and library material to generate linear content.
- Possess a high level of ability and familiarity with DAWs such as Cubase, Reaper (preferred), Pro Tools, and the integrated use of plug-ins.
- Demonstrate excellent recording, sourcing, editorial, track laying, mixing and mastering skills.
- Have a passion for audio and drive to make marketing and public facing materials sound fantastic.
- Creative vision with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Have knowledge of recording techniques, microphone placement, Foley sound creation and on-location recording
- Preferably possess a qualification in music tech/sound design or a related field.
What we can offer you:
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 500+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, childcare vouchers, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.