Frontier Developments are the AAA games studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo and Elite Dangerous. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of video games, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
As we continue to grow the studio, we’ve created a new opportunity for an HR Business Partner to join our team. We’re a growing HR team with an ambitious people strategy. As a HR Business Partner you will not only provide strategic support to your client groups and support the HR Advisors in important operational matters but will also play a key role in helping deliver studio wide projects in areas such as leadership and management development, succession planning, talent management and reward.
This is an exciting opportunity to join world leading studio and play an important role in our continued success.
- Build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders and leaders in your client groups
- Work in partnership with the Head of Talent and Head of HR to deliver, evaluate and continuously develop an ambitious people strategy for the studio
- Anticipate people related issues within your client group and proactively work with managers and staff to address them as early as possible
- Use data and people analytics to identify current issues, emerging trends and their root causes
- Coach and build the capability of managers to anticipate and pre-empt team and organisational issues
- Work with managers and the HR team to implement comprehensive succession and talent plans for you client groups
- Support line managers across the business on organisational structure and design
- Questioning and challenging others to get to the root of people and business issues
- Influence the development of HR policies and processes to ensure they meet the needs of your client group and the business
- Attend relevant management and department meetings to ensure people issues are considered appropriately and provide challenge when appropriate
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues supporting the HR Advisor as required with other cases
- Work with the HR Advisor to provide support, advice and coaching to staff and managers on people issues
- Work with the Head of HR on reward strategies including the annual pay review and bonus processes
- Keep up to date with external trends and best practice within HR
- Commercially astute and data driven
- Experience in improving organisational capability through organisational development, employee engagement, leadership & management development and talent management activities and projects
- Ability to communicate with and present effectively to different levels of seniority
- Skills in relationship building and influencing are essential
- Ability to support managers and staff through change
- Resilient and with the ability to confidently deal with senior stakeholders and provide constructive challenge when required
- Thorough understanding of HR policies, systems and processes
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience working as a HR Business Partner at a similar level
- CIPD qualified (Level 7) or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working in the technology/software sector would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of current employment legislation
- Track record in delivering HR projects and change initiatives
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.