Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We have proud history of great character animation, ranging from heavily stylised to realistic behaviours, across both cinematic sequences and real-time motion.
Fantastic animation will play a huge part in our future success, with upcoming games such as our Formula One project or our new Warhammer IP. Your passion for game development and animation will be pivotal to delivering the quality that we strive for in all our games.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Animation Lead to execute the defined animation style for the project
- Collaborating with the writers, art, design, and audio departments to achieve our goal of delivering industry-leading narratives to our players
- Assisting the lead animator in the definition of a motion capture pipeline
- Assisting in the design and implementation of facial animation systems
- The organisation, direction and shooting of motion capture data at an industry-standard level of quality
- Evaluating, retargeting, cleaning, adaptation and preparation of motion capture data for use in engine
- Troubleshoot and consistently present solutions to technical issues related to motion capture
- Participating in developing run-time game animation procedures & pipelines
- Mentoring less-experienced animators and documenting complicated pipelines for existing and future members of the team
- A confident and creative approach to your work, able to adapt and improve acting choices within the mocap and execute them effectively
- A high level of technical competence, able to problem solve both in the authoring and implementation of animation assets
- An eye for animation principals and detail, helping push mocap animation, to improve appeal and interest of a captured performance
- A willingness to confidently take feedback from your peers to develop your skills and raise the quality of the final game
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A showreel that demonstrates your ability to create and clean, expressive animation through the medium of motion capture
- Professional experience using Autodesk Maya
- Experience implementing motion capture data into a game engine
- Familiarity with motion capture hardware and software
- Facial Animation Experience
- Professional experience using Autodesk Motionbuilder
- Experience with the Xsens motion capture solution
- Some rigging and scripting experience
- Experience using lip-sync generation packages (e.g. FaceFX, Annosoft, SpeechGraphics)
- An interest in the highly technical, highly emotional world of Formula 1 racing.
What we can offer you:
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, childcare vouchers, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.