Frontier is the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We are Britians biggest independent publisher and developer of video games, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We are proud to be named one of the UK's Best Places to work by GameIndustry.biz
We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our growing design team in Cambridge, UK. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Graphic Designer looking to progress their career. You will be a part of the Creative Services team which consists of Graphic Design, Web Design, Web Development, Video and Audio. You will be required to develop visually engaging and technically accurate graphic materials to specification, as well as providing accurate development of production artwork and the timely provision of artwork files to meet production deadlines. You will assist in proof accuracy and approvals as well as working to keep consistency across all products including Frontier.
- Collaborating with creative, publishing and development teams to create compelling design solutions across print and digital platforms.
- Creating assets that meet/exceed the publishing teams’ expectations, to a deadline and adhering to brand guidelines.
- Work and collaborate with the Graphic Designer(s), Web Designer(s), and Product Manager(s) to create various marketing materials.
- Work with creative services to uphold the standard and consistency of all brands including Frontier.
- Manage the design studio's workload to ensure internal customers are provided with great service.
- Construct print ready artwork, using Adobe Creative Cloud™, on a range of projects including promotional literature, on and offline direct marketing communications, internal communications and exhibition material or trade shows.
- Assist in the conception and presentation of new designs and branding where required.
- Create corporate presentations using MS Office PowerPoint.
- Manage a Graphic Designer as and when required.
- Regularly attend meeting with the marketing team to discuss upcoming campaigns.
- Overseeing and maintaining brand consistency across the board.
- Liaising with suppliers.
- A keen interest in video games and the larger industry would be an advantage, but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and the wider company.
- Able to follow a brief and brand guidelines of each product to create work from concept to final launch.
- Planning and organisation skills to manage expectations.
- Project management skills to juggle several requests.
- Keen eye for detail in order to produce error free artwork.
- Advanced skills in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Team management experience is desirable.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A degree in Graphic Design.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- A portfolio that demonstrates examples of your design and typographic skill.
- Multitasking and good time management.
- Attention to detail.
- A degree in Graphic Design or another relevant qualification.
- Experience with other Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Understanding of digital media formats such as display ads, HTML emails and general knowledge of how websites are created.
- Print production and artwork set up knowledge.
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 400+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.